Monday, January 30, 2012

~ OuR LaTeSt HaPpEnNiNgS ~

 Aubrey is into dancing like you would not believe. This girly thing has really hit her hard this last couple weeks. She puts on a skirt or tutu daily and waits for the music, on the movies she watches, to come along to put on the show! She is quite good too! This is such a fun toddler stage. I love how she has settled down a bit from her terrible 2s. She now gets through sacrament meeting just fine (as long as she has a coloring notebook, some crayons and snacks). Yesterday, she yelled in sacrament meeting: "Mummy, I'm hungry! Can I have little bread and water too?!" I busted out laughing so hard. She knew it was coming! She is also so good at picking just one piece of bread and be careful at not spilling the water.
She is also smart enough to sing along the hymns in her own words and to fold her arms for a few seconds when prayer is offered. The funny thing though is that I am picking at her during the prayers to make sure she keeps her eyes closed. But, as soon as she notices that I am looking at her she yells: "Mummy, close your eyes!" (Of course the next 3  rows of people in front of us look back and giggle).
Another thing that Aubrey has accomplished lately is being potty trained for good! She hasn't had any accidents for the past 3 weeks, so she is pretty solid at this point. It was hard at first but she caught up to it quick (also thank you to her baby sitter that teamed up with me).

Here we are on Sunday making some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Aubrey loved to add the ingredients to the bowl. Her favorite thing is to eat the dough off the mixing utensil I use. This time my Kitchen Aid mixer thing (looooove my kitchen Aid). 

This picture was taken before Daddy and her went on a date to Lees Market Place and Blockbuster to get treats and a movie. She just giggled away! She loves so much her daddy, and her daddy is in love with her! It is so cute that Aubrey and Ryan run to each other still daily when we or he comes home. And, Aubrey is now the first one to get a kiss from Ryan daily...Literally!. The other day she asked Ryan to paint her toe nails: I mean, how cute is that!?!
She brings us sooo much happiness!
Okay, here is my Sushi California roll attempt. I don't know what is it with me but I have learned to loooove Sushi (the cooked stuff not the fear factor stuff so much).
I like sushi so much though that is was getting expensive to go to the Tona Restaurant every time we went on a date or a lunch with a friend :). Also, Ryan was getting a little tired of it. So, I decided that I needed to learn how to make it at home. I watched some YouTube videos and I dared to make it for dinner after FHE tonight. It was quite good! It had Cream cheese, avocado, cucumber and crab flakes. Well, my only down fault though is that I made the hugest roll ever and it took a mouth and a half to eat it!
Ryan and I laughed so hard it took us forever to finish it. We called it quits after the first roll (in part because we had plenty to eat but also because we could really choke on the rice). 

No comments: