This is what our backyard has looked like for the last 8 weeks. We keep getting snow, which is good...we just don't need to shoveling part (me super pregnant and Ryan not able to do much physically)
Oh yes, Double inguinal hernia surgery finally took place! I felt so bad for him. He has had the best attitude and has been healing well although slow. These are some pictures of him before and after the surgery. His dad was with us the whole time and it was so nice to have him there! His company was the best and so much fun!
It doesn't get sexier than this, huh?
The before shots end here
And the after shot. I will soon post (just for our family records) Ryan's lines from getting out if the anesthesia effect. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S! TIMES 100!
This below was his toilet for 2 days. He wasn't able to bend over much so we improvised. It didn't work as well as we anticipated but hey! it was a try :)
Aubrey has learned how to use Ryan's phone. She finds the apps to play a lot of different games that Ryan has added. I don't let her have it often or for longer than 30 a day. So she finds a way to hide. This time, she chose the b-ball tent.
And this is Aubrey's stuffed horse that she loves to sleep with. I usually buy her toys. Ryan gives more play time and treats. But this time the stuffed horse came from "her daddy". She has been super attached to it because her daddy gave it to her. So tender. She falls asleep hugging this horse so tight I had to capture this moment.
And Miss Aubrey is opening baby sister's gifts. I am so glad we are handling this whole possible jealousy this way. I have read a few articles making sure we don't make the one mistake, right? and so, we have decided she is going to open all of her baby sister's gifts and she can decided whether to give them to her or not. She has been so great so far. She just figures it doesn't fit so puts them on the crib. It really works. We are giving her ownership over her new baby sister. She is excited about helping! She often talks to my belly, hugs it and kisses it. She is loving the whole thing yet. Hope it keeps this way when she realized that baby sister is not going anywhere but is here to stay :)
P.S. We had Megan's baby shower at our house. I place this high chair in the middle for her to open her gifts so that everyone would see them. Aubrey had to do it the same way. On the high chair of course with the help of Jenny to throw away the gift wrappings. Cracked us up!
No comments:
Post a Comment