Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Braces....will I ever be done?


So, long story short I am now working one day a week (love it!) and the dentist that I've worked for since I graduated til about a month ago wasn't really 100% there with my case (it would have been good to know earlier so I would have started with an orthodontist from the start...!) But, he offered braces for free so I couldn't resist and went for it. It's almost been a year. Me and Ryan decided I needed to get the job done right so I am now going to Dr. Broadbent (yes! an orthodontist) and after a consult he decided that my upper arch needed a lot of re-do (lucky me, right) well, today he took all brackets off my upper arch and placed new ones (the ones he feel really comfortable working with since the other ones are really rare...of course). So, no the best experience and quite painful...I got to see my upper teeth without braces for 0.2 seconds, i sighed big time and thought to myself: I can do this, it's going to be so worth it!. Soon after I had those lovely brackets back on again. Fortunately my lower arch wasn't bad enough to start with that Dr. Broadbent can work with it and make it right. One more year, that's right...one more long year possibly less. I can seriously say now that I can not wait to get them off. I wish I would have had them when I was younger...but they don't believe so much in Hollywood smiles in Spain I guess...So, here is how they look. The close up picture is really for my records...or you can think of it as a real scary Halloween one :0 

No comments: