Saturday, July 3, 2010

SPAIN PICTURES II

Here Ry and Aubs in a train tour around the city of Toledo. It looks like they loved it :)
The following pictures are different views of the city.
To the right the Alcazar, to the left the tower of the Cathedral.
To the right the Cathedral again.
A better view of the Alcazar.
One of the bridges that take you to the other side of the old part of Toledo.
Here we are with my great friend Nely and her husband Carlos. They are the parents of the cute baby in past posts named David.
Here we are with my friend Aurora (whom with I worked in Spain) and her baby with Aubrey's age named David as well. Aurora cracked me while working with her. She was a life saver too!
This is the main entrance to my uncle's castle in a little town of Toledo called: Ajofrín. I forgot to take a picture of it so I am showing the painting instead.
Here Ryan, Moisés and my uncle shooting bow and arrow in the castle's patio.
Aubrey with great uncle José Luís. He is so loving and fun!
Here Aubs with my aunt Mayte. Did I ever mentioned that I only have 1 uncle, 1 aunt and 1 cousin? Yes! These are it!
Aubs with great cousin Maite.
And these are the collectables of my uncle's castle. A guillotin and other things used way back then to kill and punish people.
The West wing of the castle. The family warriors symbols and names from our heritage in Spain.
Entrance to the living room.
And the living room full of antique objects and specifically made for family to visit.
My uncle also has a great collection of swords.
A view of the upstairs where the bedrooms are located.
A picture from the balcony of the master bedroom. So cozy!
ANd...believe it or not I did take ONE picture of my sister's wedding. How bad I forgot to take more! We were having so much fun and so busy eating and visiting... :)
Here is my best friend Yashira holding Aubrey
A mystic look into one of the streets around town.
More Toledo's views of the Jewish streets
Back to the Cristian part of town where my private music school is.
And that is my Dad's car. To the left my house Peach/gray color.
That is the original color of the house and since it is a patrimonial city you are not allowed to change anything about the outside arquitecture to not ruin the history and original look. So, no one is allowed to paint their house different than what it was couple thousand of years ago.
The tower of the cathedral which you can view it from my house balconies.
And the little door by where I am hanging is our house cave. Not all houses have a cave but we do and it is from the 13th century (XIII A.C.) Inside the cave it has a wheel. Pretty cool, eh?
And a ramdom picture of Yashira, me and my sis Ester. I think this one we took in my sister's bachelorete party. So much fun!
Soon to come picture of Spain III !

No comments: