On March 18th at 1:25 am Ava made it clear she was ready to appear! :) So, by 3:15 am I am calling my awesome friend Becka who took Aubrey for a "Sleep over" party. by 4:15 we dropped her off (Had to make sure in between contractions my hair and make up was done for the big day, right?). Funny story: When we dropped Aubrey off at Becka's house I was having contractions every 3-5 min. Beck'as husband came to the car to say "Good luck" or at least that what I thought he would tell me and i happen to crack a contraction right at that moment. So...I gave him a huge HULK face (the really mad one) and he almost tripped backing off because I scared the bigeesus out of him...THERE! So, here I am posing after my 1st epidural. I didn't get nauseous. But, soon I learned my right side was numb while the left one wasn't. So, they gave me a 2nd epidural. Well? I soon learnt that the second one only worked 50%...so a 3rd dose had to be given. Hence the picture below showing my legs making a 360 degree rotation and didn't even know about it. Crazy stuff, right?
And at 11:33 am Sweet, beautiful and perfect AVA made her entrance to this world. I couln't help it by cry. Ryan kept talking to Ava without realizing there were 6 other people in the room. It was like if anyone else was present. He was so focused on AVA it made it so special for me to watch. My OBGYN kept whispering how lucky I was to have such an awesome husband, so caring, sweet and tender in such moment. I mean, he wasn't shy to tell Ava the best complements and sweet words you could ever imagine. Among them: "Ava, I'm so in love with you". Super tender, right?
After a few little stitches I was able to hold my precious one. Best feeling anyone could ever experience in this life ♥♥
The day after holding my little one and experiencing the soreness of breastfeeding. I forgot about that! So wroth it, right?
Proud daddy holding Ava. He couldn't have enough of her.
The only shot we have of Aubrey's first encounter with Ava. She was excited and confused that Ava was in my belly just a couple days ago and now she wasn't. She kept asking if Ava could talk, if she ate, what she ate, where did the milk come from and how in the world did she get out of my belly? I wasn't sure I knew how to answer all of those so with Ryan's help and English proficiency we came up with a few answers. ;) Grandpa Mell was there too.
And first few days of Ava. So sweet and precious!
Aubrey tickled her until she cracked this awesome smile! How sweet is that?!?
Ava with her eyes opened. Huge! And they are taking a bluish color already. Let's see if she keeps them that way :)
No comments:
Post a Comment