Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cancun Gateway II








This is a Cenote: a sink of natural water. You could scooba dive there but we didn't have enough time to explore that option. We loved the fact that you could see all kinds of fishes swimming deeper in the cenote. We had a blast! Love Ryan's jump pictures. What a stud!
 More beach near the Cenote.



 Cute little home. I wouldn't mind living there :)
 And thirsty again. More cold cocos our way :)
 And more beach fun to seal Ryan's B-day party. He was playing like a kid. These pictures are a proof of it!



 That day we had dinner at the Krystal Restaurant (at our hotel). That food was the weirdest we have ever had!
These were the appetizers. What is this?!?
Raw beef meat. Yeah...I don't think so...
Snaper fish dish. It was pretty good although the sauce was way too sugary. We felt weird after dinner. And, to top it off this was my dessert plate. Not sure what it was and it wasn't that good either but I ate it because I was hungry and determine at that point.
We decided we don't like fancy all that much after all :) P.S. Had room service food before bed to make up for the weird experience.
And this is the picture Ryan took of me. I was thinking he could get me with the pretty picture background, but instead he lined me up so that the rocks would look like this: on top of my head. Creative? Funny? not sure what to call it.
Okay, this is the "Green Piss" guy. He is the waiter that walked around our tables while the show was going on for the night asking us what we wanted to drink. I asked  for a "Green Peace" drink off the menu since it was one of the little No-alcohol options. Well, He wrote his order from me in a paper pad where I could see it. He didn't know English much (And I ordered in Spanish) but given the English spelling title he gave it a try. He started spelling GREEN..then wrote a P.....paused for a second troubled on how to spell the rest of the word...and finished with a ISS...so I ordered a "GREEN PISS" instead of a green peace. We couldn't have laughed harder. Mexicans man....!
Below: The green piss. 
Photo at our last show in our hotel. So much fun!
We came to our room to this almost every day. What a cool way to assemble your towels!
Below, heading out for "Isla Muejeres"...(The women Island).
This is a view of our hotel Riu Peninsula.
Our Ferry entertainment guy. He sang one "Bamba" song, a couple others...bit up his guitar on 3 more songs and called it good. They all want tips and money and will do anything for it. I kinda liked his custom...or typical mariachi clothing? I was confused at that point :)
And rented a scooter to tour the island around. The. funnest. experience. EVER!!!!













And this is the picture that shows where Christopher Columbus arrived for the first time and discovered Mexico...or better said: The Americas. So, being the cool spot that it was I petitioned to Ryan that he asks me to marry him again. He did! He went down on one knee and looking at me in the eye asked me to marry him again!
The after "YES" asnwer photo. I am so in love with my husband is ridiculous! I love you so much honey!

And lunch at the popular Mango Café. The best fish mango tacos ever made!

Touring the north beach. This was so exclusive and calm and pretty! it was shallow for 50 feet into the water I wanted to scream of happiness! We decided we are coming here to this island next time we make it over to Cancun! P.S. Beach sand bike. Hilarious! 



One of the pictures from our hotel general buffet. I never took pictures of our buffet area but it was just amazing. I almost felt bad we had that much food to choose from! But glad at the same time :)



These pictures above are from the Disco "Coco Bongo". Ryan and I like to dance and this club had it all! It was an entertainment huge show with music in between! We had all these singers imitate and sing and dress like Maddona, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga...also had Spider Man and The Mask hang from the ceiling and dance around...we had Beatle juice (he was a migit) fight with Spider man's enemy....okay, we were laughing so hard at that point we were hurting big time. Man, what a show!!!!!!
Shopping at the Mall. I ate so much that you can see my round belly full of Italian food! Ha!
Pictures before we left...it was the funnest trip we have had in years! Thanks to Ryan who's turn to choose was this year! Oh man, he knows how to plan a vacation!





No comments: