This was our first day in our Hotel (Hotel RIU Peninsula). It was awesome and I loved speaking Spanish every minute of it. Awesome views!
We did some water sports courtesy of our hotel.It was fun!
The balcony from our hotel room. P.S. Aubrey stayed with aunt Liz and Uncle Rich and their 6 cute girls!
And more beach! This time we tried the buggy board...that was kind of hard since there weren't many waves but loved it just the same! Notice "Pedro" here behind us selling some hats...gotta love those guys :)
And the cool landscape of our hotel beach. We had to take a picture of it. Liked it so much we also needed a close up, ha!
We were dining at the Italian restaurant here. Oh man, how I crave that place! It was the best pasta cuisine I have ever had. Even better than what we ate on the streets of Rome and Venice...can you believe it? Right at the heart of Mexico....ha ha
Shopping at the mall. This was super fun. I got to shop at mu favorite clothing store ZARA. Loved the browsing too.
Oh yeah...The mexican version of Michael Jackson was there too. A pretty complete hotel by now. The guy had the thickest Spanish accent while speaking in English imitating Michael Jackson high pitch voice ... ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Can you believe it? We laughed for hours! The guy put a real good show on to..like Vegas quality! Geez...good times
This is the night view of our hotel. It was open brand new the week before we got there. That was fun! and it will probably won't happen again
More view form our hotel room. Just to die for. I miss it.
We had room service this morning. That was the life!
Ryan enjoying a Piña Colada himself. He wasn't up for tanning that day :)
Here, just woke up, ready to go some Cancún sight seeing and exploring.
TULUM
We couldn't resist the waves and decided to go for a swim right on the spot.
Here with "Javi" our private tour guide. His lines were: "If Kenny Rogers can do it, so can I" or..."Hey man, those bikes look really good"... "Are you hungry, cuz I am if you are but if you are not I'm good for 6 more hours"...and so on. He had so many lines it made us laugh quite often.
COBA
This is the highest pyramid in the Yucatán. We went there on Ryan's B-Day and this is where he wanted to celebrate, at the top of the Pyramid. Tow words: AMAZING!
And this is (what I call it) a B-Day jump
And Ryan didn't quite get mine but just know that it was at least 5 feet high...serious.
On the way down. Oh man, I was so dizzy i held to that rope like it was my last chance to live...in the other hand Ryan jumps down and maybe skips once or twice. Where was this guy born: Fearless land?
This was our taxi car pedaled by a 16 year old boy. We tipped him good because I felt so bad. Ryan alone was quite the work...he was sweating like a pig too. He deserved it. But, hey...we needed to have the mexican taxi experience, right?
At the local Coba restaurant catching some typical food. Below, homemade chicken tacos. Three words: DELICIOUS!
And this dish we have had home a couple times since we have been back: The avocados are filled with tuna in olive oil and some fresh sliced onion. Best thing ever!
ANd on the way back to the cenotes we stop at a local Coco place. Different but super refreshing. Can you believe this coco stand? Does it get more typical than this? Pretty soon people will start getting their bridal and engagement pictures at places likes this...anything old and different, right?
I burnt my scalp 2 days before and wasn't up for another burn...forgot my hat and didn't find the one I liked yet...Here is to my 73rd great-grandmother Cleopatra! (I know what you are thinking: That I'm a real hottie)
Finally! Where has this place been? Had to take the picture.
And this is a typical little "chancho". Real cute
No comments:
Post a Comment