Monday, March 21, 2011

HARD MONTH

This last week has been a mixture of emotions, stress, happiness and sadness. I was able to take all my board exams and so far have passed my nationals, my Local anesthetic written and clinical. I will hear from 2 other exams hopefully in 2 weeks. I am happy that all of them are over with by now but nervous to find out what the other exams scores are going to be.

On the other hand we have been very sad since Ryan's co-worker, Jeff Young, suddently passed away of a massive heart attack. We were very chock and sadden to find out, especially Ryan. He was a great friend we will never forget in our hearts. 
This last weekend has been even harder to find out that my friend and classmate Pam Carranza has also passed away battling a rare form of heart cancer. I am truly blessed for the time I had her being a part of my life. She was truly an example of goodness and in never giving up. She left us being a great hygienist.
Even worse, today in class, we found out that a last year's graduating class friend (Charlotte) lost her little 10 month old son. Her son was born very premature and was little by little growing and getting better. Sometimes the body doesn't keep up with courageous spirits and gives up on us. So very sad that this happened to her and her family.
Our prayers have been and will be with our dear friend's families. I can't believe this is happening so often lately. Hope we get to hear very good news soon of great strong people in our lives that live to be 100 years old. I mean it. I am so very thankful for my life, for my dear family and for the many blessings I have and are granted with each day.

Miriam

No comments: